Beauty - Food - Life

Tuesday 29 December 2015

New Years Eve Makeup

Welcome back to An appetite for makeup.


So for todays post, I thought I would do a makeup tutorial on this really dark smokey eye, perfect for New Years Eve.

I am just showing you the products for the eyes and the lips because they are the focus of the look, so just do your face make up however you may choose.

So first, using a black eyeliner, preferably a crayon cream type khol liner, I used the Master kajal kohl liner from Maybelline.


Colour in your eye lid, not going past your crease.
Don't worry if it's a little messy because we are going to blend for our lives later.


Next, using a big eyeshadow brush, go over the top of the cream eyeliner base and blend in to your crease with Black Market eyeshadow from the naked smokey Pallette.


With the eyeshadow, try and wing it out a little.

Next using Dagger eyeshadow from the same Pallette, deepen the colour aswell as adding a little sparkle.



You can always go back in with the darker shadow to deepen the crease, until you are happy with the look.

Next using a smudge brush, I used the one that came with the Naked smokey Pallette.


I smudged Black Market on the outer third of my water line.


Next using Dagger, put a little in the centre of my waterline, and then High eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eye. 


 
This really opens the eye, however if you don't have a really pigmented eyeshadow like High, you could use a shimmery gold with a little water or setting spray on your brush or even use your highlighter.


I still wasn't satisfied with the look, so I used Marsk loose pigment in the shade, fifty shades, with Urband Decay's Makeup Setting Spray on my brush to instensify the colour.
 

I used this with a flat eyeshadow brush and put it right on the centre of my eyelid and in the inner corner.



I thought as the look was so dark, I didn't think it need eyeliner, so I just put lashes on. I used Eyure Volume Lashes No 100, these lashes don't have a dark band and I think it suits the look, to show of the eye shadow.


I wanted the focus to be on the eye so I went for a slightly brown nude, I went for Gerrard Cosmetics liquid lipstick in the shade Cher and then put MACs Creme Cup in the middle of my lips.


So here is the finished look, I hope you like it....................



What make up look with you be wearing this New Years Eve?

I hope you have enjoyed todays post and hope you have a brilliant New Years Eve.

Thankyou so much for reading.

Love

Nicola X X 




No comments:

Post a Comment