Beauty - Food - Life

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Night Out Gold Smokey Eye

Welcome Back To An Appetite For MakeUp,

So I thought I would do a makeup look that I wore on a night out recently, the look is a gold smokey eye with a really sharp edge and then a nude glittery lip, which is perfect for a night out or a special occasion like prom or a wedding.

So first this is the look I wore;


So Firstly I primed my skin with a mixture of two primers, I do this because I like the texture and formula of the Benefits Porefessional, but really like the tea tree smell and inclusion in the drBrandt Pores No More, I use tea tree oil on my blemishes and to help keep my skin clear so I really like the fact that its in there. 


Next I used my favourite foundation which is Studio Sculpt in NW20 which is the most perfect foundation ever, its a very strong coverage and perfect for a night out when you can go a bit heavier on your foundation, I used my NewCid Foundation Brush to apply this.



I then filled my brows in with Benefits Smokin' eyes using my Real Techniques Angled Brush, I love using this kit to fill in my Eye Brows its the perfect colour for my hair and because its a wax it keeps my brows in place all day, I then set that again with Macs Brow Gel.
I like to fill in my brows before I do my eye shadow because it gives me a guide to base how dark I can go with my eye shadow.



I have seen this technique all over blogs and you tube videos and at first I thought it wouldn't work on me but I am obsessed, the technique is of course the tape trick.
Using tape to create the perfect line for a sharp winged eye shadow look, for this look I applied the tape and primed my eyes with Benefits Stay Dont Stray and then used Mac's Paint Pot in bare study.


Of course I then used Urban Decays Naked 3 Palette, I still absolutely love this palette and always use it every time I do my makeup, So with this look I went in with Limit, which is a Matt Pinkish nude shade and I put that all over the eye, and then I go over that with Trick which is a gorgeous shimmery gold.
I darken up my crease with Nooner a Matt darker nude shade, and then finally I go in with dark side, 
a shimmery dark brown, through all this I use a series of real techniques brushes and I really blend the eye shadow in and the tape just keeps it where I want it.



I then pat on a little bit of maybelline Colour Tattoo in the colour On and On Bronze with my finger and I concentrate this on the centre of my lid just to brighten the eye look up, I also do this by patting a little bit of Vanilla Ice from the Front Cover Pallette in my inner eye duct and on my brow bone.


This is the point I remove the tape and then I apply Macs Pro Long wear Concealer in NW20 and I put this on any problem areas and in a upside down triangle underneath my eye to conceal underneath my eye and to highlight, I am really loving this Elf High Definition Powder and love to set my foundation and concealer with this. 




After setting all that, I apply Eyeliner, BarryM's Kohl pencil on my water line and I usually just take this 3/4's along my water line, and then I add Rimmels Exaggerate eyeliner to add a winged liner.
I find when you use the tape method you already have a winged eye liner look so I usually just line the top lash line and don't carry it out past my eye.


The next step it pretty basic, I curl my lashes with a Asda Eye Lash Curler and then apply my favourite mascara at the moment Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara, I apply that to my top and bottom eye lashes and I really cake it on.

I contour with a Elf Bronzer which is Los Cabos, its a baked bronzer and its a really nicely formula and its the most perfect shade for my skin tone and I am obsessed with it already, and I got it free with my order from Elf I got loads of free products in there which is always good, will be purchasing more bronzers from Elf!!!.


I then added a little blush on the apples of my cheeks, I used Macs Pinks Swoon, put it in my bag for the night out to touch up throughout the night and lost it!! I am really upset with my self for loosing it! and have learnt my lesson!! :( but never mind.

Lastly I put Macs Creme Cup on which is by far my favourite nude lipstick and I find myself reaching for this lipstick more now we are getting a little more sun, I put a Elf Glitter Gloss over the top which is a really nice combination and perfect for a really strong dramatic eye.


So that was my Gold Smokey Eye look, I hope you enjoyed it, Thankyou for reading and please let me know in the comments if you liked it.

Love you already!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment