Beauty - Food - Life

Thursday 24 December 2015

Blogmas Day 24: Mulled wine

Welcome back to An appetite for makeup.


Happy Christmas Eve!!!!!!.........

For some time now, it's been a tradition of mine to make Mulled Wine on Christmas Eve, I love mulled wine but never have been able to replicate to mulled wine you get at Christmas markets.
Until now.......
So I thought I would share my recipe.


So first, the 'Wine' I don't really drink red wine so I don't know what is the best to use but I figure your adding lots of sugar and spice to it so I don't think it matters, here I have used this one my dad got given.


Next is the 'mulled' I would love to make my own but this stuff is so nice and it's easy just to add to wine, it's mulled wine syrup and I really like this one.
It's by Makers & Merchants and I bought it from Fenwicks and it was only £5, and you don't need much, you put 8 parts wine and 1 part syrup.


Next, you can add fruit, what ever you want but I used clemintines and apples.

And for the secret ingredient........


Yep, it's a Capri-Sun, I always put one capri-sun in, it just gives a nice fruity taste and takes the edge off the wine.


I turn on the heat and then let it simmer for 10 minutes I turn it off and cover it until the morning, the flavours have the night to infuse together.

I just put it back in simmer when I'm ready to serve it.


And the only thing left to do.....................
It to pour a glass, get your PJ's on and relax with a film..... Bliss.

I hope you are having an amazing Christmas Eve.

Thankyou for reading.

Love

Nicola X

No comments:

Post a Comment