Beauty - Food - Life

Saturday 12 December 2015

Blogmas Day 11 & 12: Party Makeup

Welcome back to An appetite for makeup, 


So firstly, I would just like to apologise for not uploading a post yesterday, it was just a long day at work, then I had to do my friends makeup for her works Christmas party and then I had to get myself ready for a night out too, so I just didn't have anytime.

So for todays post, I thought I would show you all my makeup from last night, and go through the products I used.

The first product I used was MAC's prep and prime. I always prime my skin, as I have very dry skin and I feel it stops my skin looking dry and helps my makes my makeup last all night. I really like this primer, it puts a veil of illuminosity on my skin and gives me more of a youthful look.


Next Using MAC's pro longerar concealer in the shade NW15, I put a triangle shape underneath my eyes, chin, forehead and a line down my nose.  


Then using Urban Decays Naked skin, I put this every where else on my face.
Using a beauty blender I blended it all in.
I really like this foundation, it's really good for dry skin and has a really nice finish.


I then move on to my eyes because I like to let my base makeup settle.

Usually I am one for a gold smokey eye, however I felt like using black and greys last night so I used Urban Decays Smokey Pallette. 


I then created a simple wing with Rimmels Exaggerate Eyeliner, I like to use the waterproof one because I have watery eyes, exspecially in the cold weather so it just keeps it on a little longer.


Using a kohl liner I put a little eyeliner in my waterline.


Using the Benefits 'they're real' Mascar, I apply a few coats of mascara on my upper and lower lashes.


I then do my brows, using the Sleek Brow Kit, I am nearly out of this but I have asked for the MAC's Fliud Line for Christmas so I will have to make it last.


Using the Estée Lauder Double wear powder I set my foundation, I only use a little because as I have mentioned I am very dry.


I add a bit of definition to my face using the Smashbox contour kit, I love this but I am running out too, may have to put it on my Christmas list.


Then I apply a little blush, I used the Orgasm blush from the Narrsist cheek Pallette.


I then applied MAC's Soar lipliner, and then Mac's Faux Lipstick. However I took  it with my last night and I have lost it!!!! 
I am hoping it in my room somewhere, fingers crossed.



Please comment below, and tell me what makeup products are your favourite for Christmas party makeup.


Thankyou for reading.

Love Nicola X 

No comments:

Post a Comment