Beauty - Food - Life

Saturday 6 December 2014

Blogmas day 6!!!!!! Snowflake Gradient Nails

Welcome back to An appetite for makeup,

Hello, I painted my friends nails the other day so I thought I would take some photos and blog about that tonight.


                        
     

What you will need : 

* A make up sponge, ( I didn't have any so I just cut a little bit of a bath sponge)

* A dark blue nail polish

* A light blue nail polish

* A white nail polish

* A white striper

* A clear polish ( I forgot to take a photo of this) 

                      

 First, you need to paint all the nails with the dark blue polish, ( I used this denim effect dark blue nail varnish, it worked really well because it was matt)

                      

Next, blob a bit of the light blue nail varnish on to a surface you don't mind getting dirty, ( I just a little bit of folded tin foil) and dab the end of your make up sponge in to the light blue polish.
Use this to sponge on the light blue polish over 3/4's of your nail.

                      

Next use the same technique with the White nail polish, however only dabbing this on to the end of your nail.

                          

Use a clear polish to blend the gradient in and now you can add your design.
On my friends nails, I added snowflakes, I did this with the White striper.
Firstly I made a cross and then another cross offsetting the first to make a snowflake shape (as shown).
You could add dots on to the end of each line but I just kept it simple.

                           

However I used the same gradient process on my own nails, but I added a layer of snow with the White polish using the end of a White striper pen and dotted the White along the tip.
I finished the design if with a few dots on the nail to look like snow.

                           

I really want to try this same technique but on one nail put a tree or a snowman?? But you could really do what ever you want.

Hope you had a brilliant Saturday, I had a lovely day I went to a Christmas fayre at Durham Catherdral and it was sooo festive and I am now rediculasly in a Christmassy mood.

Are you in a festive mood yet?
Tell me in the comments below.

Love you all 

Love Nicola xxxx 
   


     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment