Beauty - Food - Life

Friday 5 December 2014

Blogmas Day 5!!!! Paper Book Christmas

And Welcome back to An appetite for makeup,

So for Blogmas Day 5, I thought I would do another crafty one from work, we have had a brilliant day today making these wonderful paper book Christmas trees so I thought I would share it with you all. We have some lovely volunteers at the centre and this was one of the Brilliant Susan's ideas.
I have seen these in the Internet to though but this is my take on it.


 
 
So what you will need:
 
* An old book, its best if you use a paper back book, just so the binding isn't to hard.
You need to remove the cover and half the book so you have about 150 pages.
 
* Anything you want to decorate with, its up to up; here I have used a jingle bell, some twine and some sequence stars, but you can cover it in glitter if you wish. just be creative and have fun.

* glue 
 
First, take your book and make the first fold, moving the top right hand corner down to the middle of the book at the binding, bringing it down to the left. ( I hope the pictures will help you more than my descriptions)
 
 

So next, you fold the fold you just did, again, 


Using the edge of the book, run your finger along to create a fold line and just simply took it back under the whole fold.


And then, you fold and fold and fold and fold lol.


Until you get this...........


You don't even have to glue it round, the folding techniques just makes it create this shape,
 it's magical!!
And the next step is up to you, I used a jingle bell as the star and I glued some twine around as tinsel and then stuck little stars on as baubles.
I stuck it all on with a hot glue gun but tacky glue would work just as good.

Here is my finished tree, I love it, I quite like it how it's really simply decorated but you could go mad and just cover yours with anything your heart desires.
Be creative and have fun.


Sorry, this post was a quick one, I went to the metro centre after work and I was there about 6 hours, but on the plus side I have all my Christmas shopping done.
Yey!!!!!!

Please comment, and tel, me how your Christmas shopping is going?

I hope you have enjoyed this, and I will see you tomorrow.

Love Nicola x x 





 
 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nikki I love these! I would love to give them a go but don't think I've got a craft bone in me! Your blogs is lovely for different ideas �� xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa Thankyou Joanne x I will make u one ha x and u can decorate it haaa

    ReplyDelete