Beauty - Food - Life

Monday 15 December 2014

Blogmas!!! Day 15 Quick Santa Hat Nails

Welcome back to An Appetite for makeup,

Well as you may have noticed Blogmas day 13 & 14 are missing, I had a lot on this weekend, basically they were a total hungover right off, but it's Christmas !! And it's allowed haaa.

Anyway, I'm back today with a really quick Santa hat nail art design, perfect for a Christmas party with extra sparkle.

                       

So what you will need:

* A red polish
* A silver polish
* A white polish
* A clear top coat

I choose to give this nail art look a bit of sparkle and decided to use a silver sparkly nail polish as my base, but you could use any colour as long as it's not red, because then the Santa hats won't stand out.

So first I painted all my nails with a silver polish.

                    

Next using the red polish, I made a triangle shape trying to use the side of the brush to get a nice point on top of my hat, this might be a little tricky, I used this polish from my Ciate calender and because it was a sample size the brush was smaller and this helped with the control of the design. You could always just a red striper or a nail art brush or use sellotape tape out the triangle shape.

                   

Next I used a French manicure style bottle of white polish, because it's for a French manicure the brush it much thinner so it make it easier to get detail with,
With this polish, I dragged it down in the edge of my nail, to create the trim on the hat, instead of gliding it along the nail from left to right, I pulled it down to a add a fluffy effect.

                    

I repeated little strokes all along the tip of the nail, I then just dabbed the brush on the point of the hat to make a ruff bobble. And added a top coat.

                      

I think its really fun and simple for Christmas, it takes a couple of minutes so it's perfect for when your in a rush as we all are over this festive period.

I hope you enjoyed this quick post, I hope not to miss anymore!

Please let me know if you try this and please tell me what colour you would use instead of the silver.

Thank you for reading.

Love you all 

Love Nicola x 






   

No comments:

Post a Comment