Beauty - Food - Life

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blogmas!! Day 3 Christmas Jumper Nail Art

Welcome back to An Appetite for makeup,

For day 3 of blogmas, I thought I would do a nail art post, I am obsessed with nail art and Christmas is the best time of year for it, you can have penguins on your nails and no thinks it's strange.

I love the print on Christmas jumpers and I have seen some amazing tutorials of Christmas jumper inspired nail art out there but I'm in no means an expert and some times find them pretty difficult to follow, so I thought I would do a simple version of this Christmas trend.

                      

So firstly you will need

* A red polish ( I used the red I got in day 2 of my Ciate advent calendar)

* A white glitter polish ( Also out of my advent calendar, try to choose a chunky glitter polish)

* A white striper 

* A clear polish for base and top coat.

                                 

Starting with a clear base coat to protect your nails from staining, next paint all your nails with 2 coats of your red polish and let dry completely.

                               
Next with your white striper, make 2 parallel lines going across your nail, leaving enough space In between the two lines for the design to come.

                              

Still using your white striper, make three hearts in between those two lines, 
to make the hearts; You draw a 'V' shape with your striper, this can take some practise and I'm still not great at it but look really good when you get it right.

                              
                                  
To complete the look, I added some dots above and below the two horizontal lines we drew first,
On the ring finger I made two horizontal lines, the same as we did on the previous nail but just made one big heart in the centre, I think it is really nice to mix the design up to make an interesting nail art look.

I thought it would be too much for all the nails to be heavily decorated so I decided to use a white glittery polish to add something to the other nails and I really like how this turned out.

I of course sealed in all the designs with a clear top coat.

Sorry this was such a quick post, I am only on day three and I am already finding it hard to find the time to blog everyday but I will stick at it, I am actually really enjoying it.

Hope you enjoyed this and I will see you all tomorrow.

Thank you for reading 

Please comment below and show me some love.

Love Nicola x xx

    

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment