Beauty - Food - Life

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day 2 - Raggy Christmas Wreath

Welcome back to An appetite for makeup,

For today's Blogmas post I thought I would do something a little different, as some of you may know; for my day job, I teach people with mental health issues art and crafts as a therapy.
I absolutely love my job and job satisfaction is second to none.

At work I am constantly strolling Pinterest to find new crafts and I have come across this one a few times, it's been really successful at work so I thought I would share it with you.

I hope you enjoy it!!!!!!

                    

To make a Raggy Christmas Wreath you will need:

* A wire ring, as seen above ( you can buy these at craft shops, I will put a few links on the bottom of this post)

* Fabric cut in to 6inch by 1inch strips ( you need a square metre of fabric in total, however I just cut loads of strips and kept going until I was happy with it, any left over you can use for another project I will show you in another post)

* scissors 

* A Christmas Ribbon or any embellishment of your choice.






Firstly cut all your strips and try to have a nice mix of colours, textures and patterns just to make your wreath extra special.

                                   




With each strip, use a simple knot to tie it on to each wire, you have to tie them on  separately,  all the way round the wire, the outer and inner wires, to achieve a really full looking wreath.

Try and tie the stripes on to the wires in clusters (as shown above) so your wreath is balanced.

                                



When you have filled up both inner and outer wires, trim the edges of the circle so it looks finished and add a bow.

So over to you!!!!!!!!!!

As I said I did these as an activity at work so I have made over 20 now and each one is different, it's a really good way to use up old fabric ( clothes, bedding etc).
Let your imagination go wild, you could add bells, buttons, cinnamon and so much more just tie it on with string.

     



Where to get the wire rings Here

I bought mine from a local art and craft supplies shop and they were 35p so it's probably worth  having look somewhere similar first because buying off the Internet.


I hope you all enjoyed this.
I will see you all tomorrow for day3 of Blogmas.

Please comment below if your thinking of trying this.

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment