Beauty - Food - Life

Monday 24 February 2014

GlossyBox Vs BirchBox

Hello Everyone,

Welcome back to An Appetite For MakeUp!!!

So I have done a few Beauty Subscriptions box reviews now, and February's Birchbox and February's GlossyBox came within days of each other so I thought I would do a Battle of the Boxes style post so here goes!!!!

I will kick it off with the Glossy Box!!!, and can I just say they excelled there selves with the box.
I love it and its my favourite by far "the BE MINE" box and its covered in lipstick marks, its brilliant and inside did not DISAPPOINT one bit.




 So of course being my chocoholic self I definatley was a little excited when I saw that decent sized red bar of Lindt Lindor Treat Bar and it was consumed within minutes of taking this photo with a large cup of tea and I enjoyed it !!! so and get yourself one and enjoy it ! you deserve it.

So next I was over the moon to see a Ciate Paint Pot, I have never tried anything Ciate but I really wanted the Ciate Advent Calender, I'm definitely going to treat myself this Christmas but until then I have this lovely Red and I'm so glad it was red because its hands down my favourite colour for nail varnishes!!!

Next is a product I still don't know how to use and its Tony & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Stick it up gum,
I have quite greasy hair so I don't want a product that makes your look wet but it says its good for making your hair have volume if you rub it in to the roots but we will see.

When I saw this pink shimmering body shimmer and I was a bit meh, the product looks a bit cheaper and something i would have loved as a teen but not now, but I gave it ago and I actually quite like it, it says you put it on your legs and they appear longer; I don't know about that like but it smells nice.
Its the Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer.

So funnily enough both GlossyBox and Birchbox gave us a Eye liner in the Glossybox we got a really under  eye eye liner as opposed to a liner good to do a wing it, which is the Maybelline New York Master Kajal Liner.
And in the Birchbox we got an amazing winged liner eye liner so That's what I call team work!!!!

The last thing I got was a Miner Cosmetics in Cocktail Kiss, I'm not really a massive fan of glosses and this one is particularly sticky so I gave it to my lipstick oppressed five year old niece, Jessica and she is over the moon.

I was really impressed with Glossybox over all and now this is what I got in my Birchbox it was defiantly a goood month for Beauty Boxes all round.


I was really excited to receive a lipstick, I have never got on before, I received a Modelco Party Proof Lipstick and its a nice consistency but really not my colour its too orange and just completely washes me out which is a shame but I'm not going to pass it on just yet, I cant part with it yet, which is a bit silly but hey ho haa.

before I mentioned the eye liner and I do really love it and it give the most perfect winged eye liner look ever, this is probably not a tip and everyone reading will probably already do this, but I always draw my eye liner from the inner to the outer corner but with this eye liner It said to do the opposite so drawing it on from the outer to the inner and it just has changed my winged look so much!!!!
And apparently its Alexa Chungs favourite definatley not in bad company.


So the next product which is amazing is the Beauty Protector, Protect & Oil it smells amazing and I have really noticed a difference in the condition of my hair, I am in the process of growing my hair and think its so important to grow it healthily so you don't go to the hair dressers for a little trim and they cut it off because its all dead at the ends so hopefully this is help with this.

This Next Product is a Shower Gel by Gilchrist and Soames, The London Collection and it smells like grape which is an unusual scent and not something you see in every product on the high street, I love the scent and its has a really long lasting scent once you have used it.

So the last beauty product which was in the box was a Urbanveda Radiance Daily Facial Wash and I have to be honest I havn't tried it because I used to have problems with my skin and I have just got my Skincare routine down to a T and I don't want to mess it up I promise I will give it a go soon.

So overall I was really happy with both boxes; But if I had to pick my favourite it would have to be the Glossy Box.

WINNER = GlossyBox (this time)

Glossy Box Links

Glossy Box
Nougat London
Tony and Guy Stick it Up Gum
Ciate
maybelline master Kajal Liner
Miners Cosmetics Lip Gloss
Lindt Chocolate

BirchBox Links

Birchbox
eyeko Eyeliner
Modelco
Urbanveda Facial Wash
Gilchrist and Soames

Thankyou for reading!!!
Please Comment and show me some love.

Love you already



 




No comments:

Post a Comment